Friday, July 16, 2010

See you on the other side...

I keep having these visions of the movie Apollo 13.  As they're about to go around the moon, the dark side of the moon,  they are out of communication and so for those few moments, there is anxiety about what the situation will be when on the other side.  But then, as they come back online and are in the moon's "slingshot", that is when the team in Houston springs into action to bring them home.

I feel as though I'm about to pass through a very difficult time.  I know that my experience in Tanzania is going to be one of the most difficult and emotional experiences of my life.  I'm a very empathetic person and I feel for other people so deeply that it feels like I myself have been crushed.  I know that God is going to use this experience for HIM.  I have to go through this.  And I need to go through the dark side of the moon to be "slingshotted" out of my comfort zone.  This is going to be one of the most transformational events of my life.

I look forward to sharing this experience with you.

And I'll see you on the other side...

~~~Andrea

1 comment:

Vicki Small said...

Good metaphor, Andrea. It's the time between being put into the slingshot and being flung out of it that is so difficult, especially when any sort of pain is involved. I expect you'll encounter enough joy to provide balance for the pain!