Wednesday, July 7, 2010

10 days

The anticipation is starting to build. In just 10 days, I will drop my suitcases on the floor of the Epiphany Guesthouse in Arusha, Tanzania and begin on of the most emotional, transformative and spiritual experiences of my life.  I've a suitcase full of gifts... soccer balls, baby toys, baby bottles, sidewalk chalk and donations.  I've started packing my clothing and am fully armed with a variety of mosquito repellent.

Here's our trip itinerary -

  • 7/18 - Arrive in Arusha, TZ
  • 7/19 - Tour Compassion Country office and hear a review of the ministry.  We'll break for lunch and then split to two different sites: TZ-100 & TZ-205 to review the Child Survival Program
  • 7/20 - We will spend the morning visiting Child Survival Programs with an emphasis on HIV/AIDS prevention.  In the afternoon, we will visit homes of families assisted by Compassion's programs.
  • 7/21-7/22 We will engage in service work to paint, fix floors, plant trees and do some roofing.
  • 7/23 - THE BIG DAY!  THIS IS THE DAY I MEET SARA, OUR SPONSORED GIRL.
  • 7/24 - We will go to a Compassion Project and just play with the children ALL DAY.  For dinner, we will share a meal with project graduates.
  • 7/25 - Worship service at a Compassion Project.  Depart for our Safari to Crater Rim.  Dinner at the Safari Lodge.
  • 7/26 - Morning Game drive around Ngorongoro Crater.  A picnic lunch.  Return to Arusha and have dinner with the Compassion Country Staff.
  • 7/27 - We'll have some morning shopping before we return to the Guesthouse to prepare to fly home.
As I look over this itinerary, I have a mix of anxiety and excitement.  I know that God has removed every barrier to just getting to Tanzania.  I have been blessed by so many people that I have not had to be concerned about finances at all.  All of this to just get me there and so I know that God has huge plans for me to learn something there.  When I think about all I will experience emotionally, I get choked up just thinking about it... the chance to hold a tiny baby... to see a family's home... to meet Sara!  I pray that when I am there and I blog about it, I can do all of these experience justice to relate them to you here.

No comments: