Thursday, December 11, 2008

When you get out of God's Way

Galations 6: 7-10
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

For the last 13 months, I have been approaching my church about holding a Compassion Event. There have been many, many setbacks but at the same time, I have been encouraged by the leadership that something would come together some time. I almost had the opportunity in September, but then Hurricane Ike made his presence known. I was recently greatly discouraged again, but spoke up once again to open the door for the ministry of Compassion. I spoke up and then stood back to see what God would do with it. I got out of God's way.

Do you want to hear what God did?

I got a phone call today from the Exec. Pastor at my church. Pastor Karl. He called to invite me and open up the opportunity for me to present the ministry of Compassion International at our church for.... Are you ready for this?....

5 WEEKS OF LENT.

Our church has 2 campuses. I will be presenting the ministry to the main campus for 3 weeks in a row. Then, I will go to the other campus and present the ministry for 2 weeks there. The main campus averages 1000 worshipers through Lent and the other campus will average about 200.

THIS is what happens when you speak up and then get out of God's way. This is a GOD SIZED miracle. I am so excited and in such awe that I can not even contain myself.

And I can not wait to tell Azalech what we have done together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really amazing!! Be sure to let us know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

What great news! I can't wait to hear the results -- and you're right -- we definitely have to get out of God's way!

Meredith's Memoir said...

Praise the Lord! That's awesome news!

It's ironic... so often I discover that the only thing standing in the way of the Lord doing His work and opening doors is ME. I ask and I ask and I ask, all the while standing in front of the door blocking His ability to open it.

Are we to be persistent? Yes.
Are we suppose to trust. Yes.

Thanks for the reminder.

Blessings to you!
Meredith Dunn