Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Veral Bautista, you have SPONSORS!

This morning, I met with our Youth Pastor to fin-alize the paperwork for Veral Bautista's sponsor-ship. This last Sunday, the youth offered an opportunity to sign up and commit to sponsoring this boy. Those who signed up promised to bring $1 a month to help support the sponsorship of this boy. Also on that day, they took in $93 to kick off the support of this boy!
There are two young ladies in the Youth Group who have taken this idea and really pushed it. I introduced them to it, but they have taken it over. I won't post their names on a public blog, but God knows them and I know he is smiling!
Veral Bautista is from the Dominican Republic. He is 9 1/2 years old. He lives with his mother and two other siblings. His favorite thing to do, like all little boys from the Dominican Republic, is BASEBALL!

I look forward to hearing about how this relationship between Veral and our church youth grows and develops. I pray that Veral is blessed by having so many praying for him. And I pray that the Youth as a group and as individuals, seek out other opportunities to bring Jesus to others.

This is a great starting point for my church and the growing partnership with Compassion International. I am so excited for what God is going to do here!

3 comments:

Jill Foley said...

awesome!

Anonymous said...

That's great!

Anonymous said...

That's great! What a Christmas present for Veral!