Monday, November 24, 2008

Sometimes it is just too much

My heart is heavy with the growing crisis in the Democratic Republic of Congo. I stumbled upon a news article from some Christian Aid Agencies that are there.




There is a slideshow here.

I pray that the Body of Christ comes together and helps the youngest of these victims. I feel so helpless. Our finances have been a bit tight in the last several months and I don't have anything to spare. It makes me feel even worse.

My heart is committed to the ministry of Compassion. I believe that is where the best change needs to happen in the hearts of these children. But what of these children in this crisis? I pray that when things settle down in the DNC and other countries that the ministry of Compassion can be brought in. But for now, the work is on the front lines.

My prayers are with them.

~~Andrea

3 comments:

Jill Foley said...

After you left a comment on my blog, I looked yours up...I already had yours linked! I found your blog last week and love it!

Tara B. said...

This is just too terrible. The only thing I am thankful for is that it is making headlines and people are becomming aware. So much happens all over the world, Africa in particular that are just horrible beyond imagination, yet most of us never learm of them until someone years later writes a book or makes a feature film!

Anonymous said...

I am late posting to this, but I just found your blog by following a link from Compassion Dave. This is truly an awful situation. It would be great if Compassion could work there. I think everyday of countries that could benefit from Compassion's ministry and wonder why they aren't working there, but I believe that while Compassion is limited, we serve an unlimited God and he is looking out for kids in all countries and circumstances.