Sunday, November 23, 2008

Moving forward...

I posted the other day about meeting with the Youth Leaders about sponsoring a child. I realized that I hadn't considered our church's other campus and meeting with those youth about sponsoring a child as well. I immediately emailed the Youth Pastor over there about meeting with them. I received a reply last night and he is very interested in having me meet with the youth there. To add more to my excitement, he already sponsors 2 kids through Compassion. It makes my job so much easier when the leadership is already familiar with the ministry.

We've arranged for me to come to the Youth at the other campus on the 1st Sunday in December - 2 weeks from the date of this post.

When I ordered packets from Compassion, they all came with an expiration date of Dec.5. This means that I need to find sponsors for them by Dec. 5 or send them back so that they can either be reprinted or rolled into the children up for selection online. So, for this upcoming meeting, I'll have to order some more Child Packets.

Our main campus was going to meet and decide today about the children they want to sponsor. The two young ladies in the youth who are spearheading this are very excited. I look forward to hearing from them about who they have chosen. Please pray for their discenment for how they go about presenting these choices to the youth.

~~~Andrea

No comments: