Monday, February 9, 2009

Are you looking for something to pray for?

Hello Friends!!

Things have moved slowly around here but just recently, I have a positive new development.

I received a phone call last Friday solidifying my dates for my Compassion Sunday event(s) at my church. I will be setting up a Compassion table at my church every Sunday throughout Lent!!! I'm still in a little bit of shock over it.

On March 1, 8 and 15th, I will have a Compassion table set up at our church's main campus. I'll have one 8' table, flanked with narrow side banners and covered with a Compassion tablecloth and of course the table will be loaded with children waiting to be sponsored. I will have some extra help nearby to assist me in answered people's questions. On March 15th, I will have a 30 minute meet-and-greet where I can present my story about Azalech and get a little bit more in depth about how the ministry of Compassion works.

On March 22nd and April 5th, I will be at our church's other campus to share the ministry with them. This will be a smaller congregation and I am looking forward to it because it will be quite a bit easier to get more in depth with people to explain the ministry.

I need to get in touch with a few people associated with each congregation to pin down some specifics.

I first approached my senior pastor about this in October of 2007. I have prayed for one Sunday with 1 2x4 table. I am thrilled to see the doors that God has opened up here. It's so exciting!

4 comments:

The Reader said...

praying with you for these dates and the good work God is going to do!

Unknown said...

BRAVO! What an excellent way to send the message that children need help & even more important, get others behind it! You're defintely in our thoughts and prayers.

We sponsor an child from Kenya - his name is Chondo. It's a great feeling to give back.

We work with an organization thats been instrumental in helping developing countries - Uganda being one of them. We currently sponsor 10 thousand children in 6 different developing countries and we're on track to sponsor 1 MILLI0N more by 2013! We've also built 2 hospitals, 15 schools and 4 biogas digesters.

Have a look at our website if you get a chance

http://www.protrackerplus.com/3013/gtap.html

We're building the Largest Humanitarian Army in the WORLD...and we could always use a few more soldiers!

We're anxious to see how it goes for you.

Keep the Faith,
Kenny & Erica Jones

Anonymous said...

Praying with you Andrea. Did I ever tell you that we began sponsoring a Compassion child over Christmas. In large part because of your encouragement! We've already received our first letter from her. It was very exciting.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Compassion Sunday! I pray that many, many children are sponsored! I'm nearing my 500th child!